If you haven’t noticed…there is a sort of theme this week on the blog. We had bad day Monday…followed by feel bad for myself Tuesday…followed by get over it Wednesday. I decided why not keep the trend going?? So I am calling today…things to be happy about Thursday.
A little tidbit I didn’t mention about Monday was after the whole disaster with my email…I got a call from Gary that he had been rushed to the hospital from work. He didn’t tell me much on the phone except that an ambulance took him and he was having chest pains. But from the sound of his voice on the phone I knew he was not OK. My best friend, Sidne, was at my house because we had a photo shoot scheduled for our big project we’re working on. We had a photographer and makeup artist en route and I rushed out the door promising her I would be back in time. I have a really hard time canceling on people. Even when my husband is in the hospital. Long story short…Gary was having some severe chest pains at work and got dizzy and they called an ambulance. He spent Monday night in the hospital while they ran test after test to rule out any life threatening conditions and Tuesday afternoon he was released with a clean bill of health. We’re still not sure what happened on Monday but we left Tuesday knowing it was nothing too scary. My point being…lost emails seem pretty insignificant when you spend a 20 minute cab ride to the hospital thinking your husband had a heart attack. Funny how the Universe works. And yesterday when I decided to “get over it”…I realized there are way more things to be happy about than there are to dwell on. So here it goes.
- My healthy husband.
- My best friend who showed up at the hospital with incognito cups of wine. After my day I couldn’t have possibly loved her more.
- Fall weather. Yep…I’m ready. We even made chili last night. It was glorious.
- Gary being home these last few days. Makes me feel like we’re on a little staycation.
- Edible arrangements. Gary’s work sent one to him and man that is such a genius idea. Chocolate covered apples…my new jam.
- Friends who show up at the hospital with the biggest bag of junk food you’ve ever seen. Heart attack shmart attack. We love you Lola!
- Revenge. The show not the act. Gary and I are VERY into it.
- Everyone who sent me a message or a left a comment or reached out in any way these last few days. I’m a lucky girl.
- Starbucks Iced coffee. We all know I love a good trip to Starbucks. But the iced coffee you buy at the grocery store is seriously my new addiction!
- My mom. She drove up from Indy just because. She’s a keeper.
- Sleep. Between Sunday night and Monday night I got about 10 hours of sleep. So I basically slept for 20 hours on Tuesday and it was magical. It’s amazing what sleep depravation can do to your state of mind.
- Life in general. Bad days are necessary to make the good ones that much better. Let’s make today great.
I’ll leave with a photo of two of my favorites. If this doesn’t make you happy…I don’t know what will.