I was sitting at my desk thinking about what to blog. I wanted to write about Thanksgiving and being grateful but for some reason I wanted it to be a little more than that. I’m going to be taking the next few days off so I wanted to leave you guys with something good before the blog went quiet for a while. As I was scrolling through Pinterest and trying to think of something spectacular…my phone buzzed. My best friends and I have this group text that is pretty amazing and Stefanie had texted saying…Have a good day guys…with a picture of a mouse pad and a pencil. Let me explain…
Stefanie texts us randomly telling us how fun it is to bounce her pencil eraser off of her mousepad. And trust me I realize how weird this is. But it’s even weirder that she uses a mousepad to begin with. Or a pencil for that matter. Hello it’s 2014. So after I giggled a little I texted back asking what I should blog about. Everyone immediately responded with Thanksgiving and when I explained I wanted to write about more than Thanksgiving…Sara responded with…Dinosaurs. And after I collected myself from laughing hysterically I realized how grateful I am for these ladies. For ridiculous texting that makes my day…every single day. For the fact that distance hasn’t kept us apart and on days like today I feel like they are right next door. So while I wanted to leave you with some profound post…I think being grateful is about as profound as it gets.
So today…on this Thanksgiving eve…I am grateful for…
- Best friends who still use mouse pad and can’t understand why that’s weird.
- Group texting. Because I don’t ever want to live life without these girls.
- My hubby. This is our first married Thanksgiving and there are few things that I am more thankful for than him.
- My family. The older I get the harder it is to be away and I am so excited to spend the next few days with them.
- Stuffing. It’s the one day of the year when I can eat as much as I want and not feel the slightest bit guilty.
- Chestnut Praline at Starbucks. This might be the best thing ever. I’m obsessed.
- Health. The Truelocks have been through the ringer and I am just thankful to be healthy.
- The future. It’s looking very bright and I’m incredibly excited about it.
- My little pug-man. He drives me nuts sometimes but Goose is the best dog there is.
- My corner. All the friends in my life that constantly have my back and continue to push me down these crazy roads. I love you all!
- Hair. There will never be a day I’m not grateful for the hair on my head. Even if my roots are a little out of control at the moment.
- Katharine. This little girl is the light of my life and I miss her SOOO much it hurts. Waiting until tomorrow morning feels like an eternity…
- Enough. Having enough. Being enough. Just knowing that I have everything I need and more. Everything else is just icing on the cake.